Under direction, the Health Educator assists in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating comprehensive health education programs; provides technical and in-service training; conducts health assessments; and performs related work as required. This positon focuses on physical activity, nutrition, tobacco, diabetes, breastfeeding, hypertension, asthma and other chronic diseases and similar risk factors.
- identifies community needs for health education programming
- monitors and evaluates program
- plans and/or conducts various health education programs
- prepares and disseminates program materials
- develops and/or lectures on various public health topics
- identifies community needs and promote health education programs
- responds to community questions and inquiries
- other related duties as assigned
Requirements: Bachelor's degree in health education, nursing, science, or related field; at least one (1) year of health education experience. Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license, and be insurable through FCPH’s provider.
Deadline for Applying: Sunday, February 26, 2017
Salary Range: $19.27/hour - $24.09/hour
This is a non-exempt position.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and FCPH application to:
Franklin County Public Health
Attn: Human Resources – Health Educator
280 East Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-4562
No phone calls please.
Franklin County Public Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
For More Information: http://www.myfcph.org/pdfs/jobs/HealthEducator.pdf