Hopewell Health Centers in Athens has an opening for a full-time Wellness Educator/Peer Support Coordinator. This is a newly created position.
JOB TITLE: Wellness Coordinator/Peer Support Coordinator
SUPERVISOR: Director of Early Childhood Programs
Minimum Requirements: Job Qualifications:
A degree in a social science field; advanced education and training in organizational development preferred.
- Skill in motivating and engaging others and providing educational presentations required.
- Training and staff management experience required. Experience in the design and production of educational material required.
- Knowledge of mental health services required. Integrated health services knowledge and primary care strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency required,
- Must be able to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple activities and maintain positive relations with a wide variety of people and work collaboratively with all stakeholders. Flexibility is a critical skill.
Must have an awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the population served.
This position is responsible for the development and coordination of staff training and continuing education opportunities and client wellness activities and education. Links learning and development with the execution of strategic priorities and include training and development that will support HHC’s strategic direction. Works collaboratively with HHC staff, clients and partner organizations towards collective whole health services and care coordination goals. The target population for services is individuals with severe and persistent mental health illness; many of whom also experience lack of basic needs such as food, housing and other resources.
Excellent benefits and competitive salary including health, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, sick, 401 k retirement plan, and more.
Hopewell Health Centers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.