The Ohio Chapter of the Society for Public Health Education is a professional membership organization that exists to provide professional development, leadership and advocacy for public health education and those who work in this field. We promote healthy behaviors, healthy communities, and healthy environments through our professional development opportunities, listserv, social media network, and numerous partnerships with other organizations. Ohio SOPHE members work in a variety of settings; schools, universities, nonprofit organizations, health care settings, worksites, and government agencies.
- Currently practicing in health education/health promotion or working in a related field.
- Has a graduate or undergraduate degree from a formal health education program.
- A faculty member of a health education program.
- A student enrolled in a formal health education program, or up to one-year post-graduation.
- Quarterly Educational Program and Business Meeting
- Reduced price CHES/MCHES credits
- Annual Conference, Health Educator's Institute (HEI)
- Academic Scholarships for undergraduate and graduate members
- Access to OSOPHE email Listserv - send and receive
- Stay Up to Date with Quarterly Newsletters
- National SOPHE Conference Scholarship
- Network with access to Membership Roster
- Join Colleague to Advocate for Change with Legislative Activities
- Access to Member Only Section of the Website
- Professional Skill Building
Membership fees depend on the level at which you join. There are two levels of membership, and your membership starts the day you join for one calendar year.
- Professional: $40.00
- Student: $12.00
For individuals wishing to join National SOPHE, please click HERE for more information.
How to Join or Renew Your Membership with OSOPHE