Employee Wellness Coordinator (NE) (17523)
University of Cincinnati embraces diversity and inclusion as core values that empower individuals to transform their lives and achieve their highest potential. By using talents of people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives, this vibrant, urban research university demonstrates its commitment to creating a community that values the contributions of all its members.
Under general supervision from a designated administrator, plan, design, evaluate, modify and coordinate employee wellness activities including the Tobacco Free UC program.
- Plan, design, evaluate, modify, coordinate and implement employee wellness programs which meet the needs of the current workforce and the goals of the university focusing on initiatives to improve health and prevent diseases and disability.
- Work collaboratively with partners to build and develop a plan for the introduction and sustainment of tobacco screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment.
- Deliver/implement health related programs utilizing a variety of strategies: marketing campaigns, group sessions, lectures, etc. Identify outside resources for health education programs. Serve as a health and wellness resource. Coordinate health fairs and events.
- Communicate regularly with campus community to support wellness program using social media and publications such as newsletters, brochures, and emails.
- Develop and manage Wellness website and other social media sites for wellness activity and promotion of events.
- Assist in writing grant proposals.
- Assess effectiveness of programs and services.
- Interpret and apply legal documents, regulations and government legislations with knowledge of health and wellness plans and the laws that affect them, including ERISA, IRC, PPACA, HIPAA, ADEA, ADA, USERRA, EEO, PDA, Workers’ Compensation and Safety laws.
- Perform one-on-one counseling and health coaching to employees, including tobacco cessation counseling
- Serve on appropriate university committees.
- Assist in development of internship for health profession students.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need.
- May provide direct supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff, including student workers and graduate assistants.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Counseling or any other health-related field and minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in developing, delivering, and measuring health education programs
- Or a Bachelor’s Degree in a non-health field along with a minimum of 3 years full-time Wellness program experience
- Basic knowledge of disease and illness prevention and health promotion
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with faculty, staff, students and community members of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated competence with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; skill in desktop office computing software to include database management and statistical analysis; able to collect, analyze and report Wellness data
- Ability to work independently, including strong logistical coordination and organizational skills to manage multi-projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and confidentiality
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.