Director of Health Systems and Planning
Franklin County Public Health - Columbus, OH 43215
This position provides strategic oversight of performance management, integrates and aligns department with state and regional assessment, data, quality metrics and population health planning; provides strategic direction for planning and program integration efforts with all public health divisions to align programs, objectives and activities in the application of programmatic and policy priorities.
- Manages the development and implementation of the FCPH Strategic Plan, objectives, policies, and priorities
- Identify and align health outcome metrics, policies and strategies across divisions with the Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- Evaluates the overall effectiveness and efficiency of information technology, core and foundational processes and systems for the agency
- Assures CQI implementation for the division.
- Supervises all Board of Health emergency response plans including public health emergency preparedness, MRC, Cities Readiness Initiative
- Establishes standards and procedures with a comprehensive system approach, ensures sufficient systems capacity for agency needs
- Attends and participates in meetings in which policy questions are reviewed or discussed, recommends policy changes, assists with the development of policy
- Serves as chairperson of data and technology committees
- Member of senior-level management staff
Bachelor's degree in public health, business, communications or related field; MPH, MPA or MBA preferred with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in information technology management, public health or business administration, or policy management plus two (2) years of experience in staff supervision. Preferred Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Lean certification or advanced QI training . Must possess a valid driver’s license, and be insurable through FCPH’s provider. Some evening and weekend hours required.
Deadline for Applying : February 26, 2017
Salary Range : $35.99/hourly - $46.79/hourly
This is an exempt position.
Interested applicants should visit http://www.myfcph.org/careers for details on where to send application, resume and cover letter.
No phone calls please. Franklin County Public Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's
- staff supervision: 2 years
- in information technology management, public health or business administration, or policy management: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Lean certification or advanced QI training
For More Information: http://www.myfcph.org/pdfs/jobs/DirectorofHealthSystemsandPlanning2017.pdf