Position: Health Education Specialist
Department: Healthy Lifestyles
Office: Health Promotion
Posting Date: February 02, 2017
Hours: Full-time, M - F 8 am - 4:30 pm
Starting Salary: $20.42/hour; $42,473.60/Annual
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Education or School, Public, or Community Health Education, or a degree and coursework which meet the educational requirements set forth by the NCHEC to become a CHES.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Current valid Ohio driver’s license & access to a motor vehicle
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or a similar field from an accredited institution.
- Certificate of Health Education Specialist (CHES) by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC.)
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Researching evidence-based strategies that will be used to develop, and implement population-based interventions which support health promotion, chronic disease risk reduction strategies and health equity
- Collecting and analyzing data to improve the health of individuals and the community; Assessing and evaluating program components
- Developing local partnerships to broaden the response to healthy outcomes and health inequities; Supporting and facilitating various agencies and communities with their health promotion activities
- Developing policies and strategies to promote local and state healthy outcomes; Complying with the Communities Preventing Chronic Disease grant requirements, including periodic reporting; Assisting program supervisors as needed
- Developing health awareness about a range of health topics through public speaking, audio-visual programs, and promotional materials presented to community groups, agencies, and schools.
- May be required to play an active role in the event of a public health emergency, which may include changes in responsibilities and working hours
How to apply:
- Complete the application found on our website: phdmc.org/about/employment-postings.
- Fax, email, or deliver the completed application to Human Resources at:
Public Health – Dayton & Montgomery County
117 South Main Street, 2nd Floor
Dayton, Ohio 45422
Fax (937) 496-3070
Deadline to Apply: March 03, 2017 or until position is filled