Performance Improvement Specialist (Quality Improvement)
Ohio Association of Community Health Centers - Columbus, OH 43215
General Statement :
The Ohio Association of Community Health Centers (OACHC) is a not-for-profit professional association representing Ohio's Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs, or community health centers). OACHC's Mission is to ensure access to high-quality affordable health care for all Ohioans through the growth and development of Ohio's Community Health Centers. The Performance Improvement Specialist must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks, work with diverse people, carry a heavy workload, and travel. The Performance Improvement Specialist is responsible for coordinating, supporting, and implementing quality improvement projects with member FQHCs including but not limited to the Health Center Controlled Network (HCCN) and various Ohio Department of Health grants.
- Support and work directly with the Director of Clinical Quality.
- Provide technical assistance and be an ongoing resource for health centers' data reporting, data displays, data cleaning and the interpretation of data Coordinate and meet project reporting requirements, work plans, and objectives for PCMH initiatives and PCMH recognition programs.
- Coordinate data collection, gap analyses, and quality checks for PCMH recognition applications and reporting.
- Provide written progress reports and practice narratives as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current resources relevant to PCMH, medical home recognition programs, and quality improvement initiatives including peer reviewed articles, websites, local agencies, and national comparisons.
- Provide training, coaching and technical assistance for CHC members in quality improvement, PCMH, and medical home recognition programs remotely and in person.
- Perform related responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Clinical Quality
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in appropriate field (public health, health administration, or other health related field).
- At least two years of experience in the fields of health, public health, or social service.
- Strong preference will be given to those with previous FQHC experience.
- Previous experience with quality improvement work, PCMH recognition programs in a medical setting is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining effective partnerships.
- Demonstrated ability in grant writing is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customer/client groups and/or experience in membership organizations.
- Ability to travel nationally and around the state of Ohio.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Preference given to candidates with a health information/informatics certificate.
Category: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Clinical Quality
Job Type: Full-time
- Columbus, OH
- social service: 2 years
- healthcare: 2 years
- public health: 2 years