FIDELITY HEALTH CARE POSITION DESCRIPTION
POSITION: BCCP Case Manager
DATE: January 2017
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Premier Community Health
REPORTS TO: BCCP Program Manager
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position provides case management services to women involved in the Breast and Cervical Cancer Project (BCCP) in Southwest Region. This position will also be responsible for promotion of the BCCP in Southwest Region. This position reports to the Program Manager and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH). Assists breast and cervical care patient in assessing appropriate services and referrals that maximize the use of resources and minimize fragmentation of care. Coordinating care will promote family transition between service provider and advocate for improved patient satisfaction.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The incumbent will be responsible for case management, patient navigation, provider visits and community outreach. The BCCP Case Manager’s main role will be working with women in helping them navigate through the healthcare continuum and eliminating any barriers.
- Background and education in nursing (LPN, RN or BSN-preferred) or other health educator field. Prefer experience in adult health, client service needs assessment, and population health. Must show or document ability to lead small group discussions and maintain confidential records.
- Nurses must have a valid Ohio State Registered Nurse License.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience. Experience in breast health, breast disease, or related women’s health field is preferred. Oncology certification is preferred.
- Must also understand data issues in relationship to community health education.
- Must understand basic community health concepts and theories.
- Multilingual preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Determines participant eligibility according to the ODH guidelines set for this project. Obtain appropriate information from participant to complete ODH eligibility forms.
- Makes appointments for participant with contracted BCCP service providers.
- Monitor participant’s compliance with appointments through receipt of completed ODH screening forms, contact with service provider staff and/or contact with participant.
- Assures completeness of reporting from service providers through the use of ODH forms and Data Log.
- Assures participants receive results of exams per ODH guidelines and assists patients in accessing recommended follow up services whether paid for by BCCP or not.
- Oversees annual tracking of participants through the use of the patient database and the yearly reminder cards.
- Promotes BCCP through participation in health fairs and education programs and close contact with service providers in the SW region.
- Identifies patients in a psychosocial or medical crisis and refers to appropriate health professional in a timely way.
- Communicates appropriately with other professionals to discuss relevant aspects of BCCP Services.
- Provide service coordination among services at the hospital and in the community, in a manner highly sensitive to individual patient needs.
- Assess patients and their support system, identifying needs, resources, and then intervening as appropriate to have needs met based on ODH/BCCP guidelines.
- Serves as patient advocate and coordinates follow-up care.
- Performs other related duties required to support the BCCP