Youth Engagement Strategist
Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus - Columbus, OH
Boys & Girls Clubs of Columbus (BGCC) has been empowering young people in Columbus to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens since 1948. BGCC works to ensure almost 6,000 youth, ages 6-18 have a safe and opportunity filled experience afterschool and in the summer focused on academic success, good character & citizenship, and healthy lifestyles. BGCC is seeking a highly motived professional who will work to further the mission of BGCC through youth engagement and service coordination strategies. Learn more and apply at www.bgccolumbus.org.
The Youth Engagement Strategist reports directly to the Director of Strategic Initiatives and is responsible for supporting South Side Club members in identifying, accessing, and successfully completing an individualized set of Club and community-based supportive programs and services that promote academic success, good character and leadership, and healthy lifestyles. Emphasis will be placed on interventions that promote frequent Club attendance, long-term Club membership retention, and advancement towards enrollment in post-secondary education, professional credentialing, internships and jobs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Case Management & Service Coordination
- Develop and implement a comprehensive case management strategy in partnership with the Club Director and Staff.
- Perform strength-based assessments to ensure an appropriate level of support and eligibility for supportive services required to achieve Club member and organizational outcomes.
- Manage a caseload of Club members including individual action planning, goal setting, coaching, tracking, follow-up, referrals, and coordination of services.
- Develop and execute innovative solutions to overcome and eliminate barriers to Club member participation in Club activities and outside services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with schools, employers, and service providers to ensure the availability of services for Club members.
- Develop and execute strategies that encourage co-management of identified Club members among partner agencies.
Community Outreach & Engagement
- Support Club Directors in building and maintaining positive relationships with families, communities, and partners.
- Represent BGCC at agency, school, and community meetings.
- Serve on relevant professional committees and task forces that promote the BGCC mission and desired outcomes.
- Support the development and execution of strategies than ensure an optimal experience for Club members.
- Provide all services in a culturally competent manner that is responsive to the needs of Club members.
- Maintain a working environment that promotes Club member safety as a first priority.
Data Management and Quality Improvement
- Maintain individualized records for Club members participating in case management and produce regularly scheduled reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current Club data (Dashboards, NYOI, DESSA, etc.) and support the Club Director and Staff in data collection when appropriate.
- Employ BGCC quality improvement methodology to develop, test, and implement strategies that improve processes and achieve outcomes.
Commitment to Organizational Success
- Attend regularly scheduled team and individual meetings.
- Promote a culture of teamwork and shared success.
- Provide recommendations to BGCC Leadership on strategies for organization wide improvement.
- Develop and show continued progress through an individualized professional development plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, education, public health, human services or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience providing case management, service coordination, youth development and/or education services for school age youth.
- Ability to work independently, with considerable self-direction, and as a contributing member of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with individuals from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with strong project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work occasional weekends as necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Must pass a criminal background screen and drug screen.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's